20 Ways Your Church Can Be a Church Planting Personnel Partner….by Robert Beike
Church planting is hard work. There are a myriad of things that need to be done and, in most cases, few people to do them. In addition to spiritual energy, know-how, and money, human energy is a necessary ingredient for starting churches. Church planters need other “missionaries” to come alongside, roll up their sleeves, and help shoulder the load. Here are 20 ways your church can be a church planting personnel partner.
1. Provide short-term “missionaries” to help with music, child care, greeters, etc.
2. Help the planter in the relocation process (locating property, moving furniture, etc)
3. Provide a list of community entities, activities, and contacts.
4. Provide help with website development.
5. Provide opportunities for planter to preach & share at your church.
6. Provide office space and amenities, secretarial and/or administration help.
7. Attend appropriate functions of new congregation.
8. Provide a social and spiritual support system.
10. Send mission teams for outreach projects, Vacation Bible School, etc.
11. Help with identifying & locating people groups, population segments, etc.
12. Enlist participants in $46 mission trips. Each person takes 100 names from the phone book, directory, or focus group list, 100 envelopes, and 100 prewritten letters. Purchase 100 stamps, address, stuff, stamp, and mail the envelopes. The pray for those 100 names for 100 days.
13. Enlist a team of “telemissionaries” who phone individuals/households from the focus group/area, inviting them to a specific function of the new church.
14. Send prayer walking teams.
15. Conduct a block party, assist in food drives and other “point-of-need” events with the new congregation.
16. Guidance with local school system(s).
17. Help with or provide locations for fellowships, gathering events, retreats, etc.
18. Provide opportunities and appropriate chaperones for children or youth functions.
19. Sunday School classes could adopt the new work and participate in projects on its behalf.
20. Assist the Church Planter/new church in advancing its strategy.