Part 1 — 50 Ways to Love Your Leaders….by Robert Beike
October is Pastor Appreciation month. In honor of church leaders, and in an effort to contribute to the cause, here are 50 ways to love your leaders all year round…part 1.
- Send them a card–this month & on their birthday.
- Celebrate their birthday. (even a small gesture like cake & ice cream)
- Recognize their wedding anniversary.
- Find ways to encourage them.
- Offer a sincere compliment. (think of something)
- Take notes when they speak. (doodling doesn’t count)
- Pray for them regularly.
- Buy or lend them a book that will benefit them. (Not just to make a point)
- Provide a Sabbatical. (And not a permanent one)
- Provide an occasional dinner out with spouse & family.
- Provide occasional child care.
- Provide a get-away; overnight or weekend.
- Give them an occasional bonus or “love offering.”
- Send them to a conference of their choice.
- Volunteer to help with some aspect of ministry.
- Provide some new office or study furniture. (Before the old collapses or becomes eligible for the National Historical Society)
- Compliment their children.
- Give them a gift card for clothing.
- Send them a thank-you card.
- Attend services regularly
…..to be continued